Composer and laminas-cache

I’m VERY new to composer.

Ran the command: composer require laminas/laminas-cache

Got:

Problem 1
- laminas/laminas-cache[3.1.0, …, 3.1.2] require laminas/laminas-cache-storage-implementation 1.0 → could not be found in any version, but the following packages provide it:
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-memory Laminas cache adapter for memory
- doctrine/doctrine-module Laminas Module that provides Doctrine basic functionality required for ORM and ODM modules
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-filesystem Laminas cache adapter for filesystem
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-redis Laminas cache adapter for redis
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-blackhole Laminas cache adapter for blackhole
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-memcached Laminas cache adapter for memcached
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-session Laminas cache adapter for session
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-apcu Laminas cache adapter for apcu
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-ext-mongodb Laminas cache adapter for ext-mongodb
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-memcache Laminas cache adapter for memcache
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-zend-server Laminas cache adapter for zend-server
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-apc Laminas cache adapter
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-dba Laminas cache adapter for dba
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-wincache Laminas cache adapter for wincache
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-mongodb Laminas cache adapter for mongodb
- laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapter-xcache Laminas cache adapter for xcache
Consider requiring one of these to satisfy the laminas/laminas-cache-storage-implementation requirement.
- Root composer.json requires laminas/laminas-cache ^3.1 → satisfiable by laminas/laminas-cache[3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.1.2].

I don’t know how to fix that?

The error message states that you need a laminas/laminas-cache-storage-implementation, and it suggests you to pick one of the ones listed below :slight_smile:

I understand that, but I don’t know how to do that?

Oh, sorry, I was perhaps too rushed.

For example, let’s say that you are fine with using files for caching:

composer require \
    laminas/laminas-cache \
    laminas/laminas-cache-storage-adapterfilesystem

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly. :slight_smile:

Love seeing people engaging in the Lamina framework. I’m also often switch programming languages to switch my expertise and recently got bumped into Laminas PHP. Where I understand that Laminas is under the governance model that the Linux Foundation manages and offer assistance to coordinate where the venture is directed