Do you have statistics on Laminas installation?

Does the Laminas project team have any statistics on how many applications are using the various Laminas frameworks (MVC, Api-Tools, Mezzio)?

Packagist shows over 9M+ installs of laminas-mvc, about 12K/week, but I figure that is counting how many times a composer out there is installing and updating laminas-mvc.

I am just curious to see how does Laminas compare to Laravel, Symfony and others in terms of unique installs.

Thanks

Packagist is a good source, but you should also check some individual components.

Here are some examples:

• laminas-diactoros
  • laminas-code
  • laminas-feed
  • laminas-escaper

Because Laminas is not only MVC, Mezzio or API-Tools, the components are important and used in different projects. Examples:

• Magento
  • Owncloud
  • Drupal
  • Laravel
  • CodeIgniter
  • Shopware
  • CakePHP
  • Spiral Framework
  • PHPWord
  • Joomla
  • Kirby CMS
  • Wallabag

Thanks @froschdesign.

These are good points.

I am trying to evaluate the adoption of Laminas as a framework for websites with respect to others.

It would be nice if there was a way for Composer/Packagist to provide the number of unique installs or have people install a Google tag in their production websites to provide usage statistics.

Regards

|
|

• | - |

or have people install a Google tag in their production websites to provide usage statistics.

Honestly, no: this is just a privacy nightmare :slight_smile:

Packagist installs are already enough, and they don’t include CI environments.

I found this statement on kinsta.com/blog/php-frameworks. It was published January 2023.

The Zend Framework has had more than 570 million installations . It’s also the most used PHP framework by enterprises.

She is refering to Zend Framework but she also mentions that Laminas is the successor to it. I wonder how she calculated that statistics…

Got to include Xenforo in there as well :slight_smile: