How to run tests in "laminas-db"?

I want to do pull request into “laminas-db” project.
But i don’t undestand how to run tests on my local computer.
Integration tests require real db.
Where i can read docs about it?

I think, that on remote environment db install in docker by GitHub actions.
Is it true?

I think that on local environment db install in VirtualBox by Vagrant config.
Is it true?

So, i think that in my local environment i need up vagrant.

  1. I tried use Linux Mint 19 (equal Ubuntu 18), but have an error (create issue 194 ).
    $ uname -a
    Linux ivan-desktop 4.15.0-142-generic #146-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 13 01:11:19 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    $ virtualbox -h
    Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager 5.2.42_Ubuntu
    $ vagrant -v
    Vagrant 2.0.2
    But have an error:
    ==> default: Mounting shared folders…
    default: /vagrant => /home/ivan/projects/edu/laminas-src/laminas-db.src

    /usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/vagrant-2.0.2/plugins/communicators/ssh/communicator.rb:257:in `execute’: Vagrant was unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders. This is usually (Vagrant::Errors::VirtualBoxMountFailed)
    because the filesystem “vboxsf” is not available. This filesystem is
    made available via the VirtualBox Guest Additions and kernel module.
    Please verify that these guest additions are properly installed in the
    guest. This is not a bug in Vagrant and is usually caused by a faulty
    Vagrant box. For context, the command attempted was:
    mount -t vboxsf -o uid=1000,gid=1000 vagrant /vagrant
    The error output from the command was:
  2. I remove VirtualBox and Vagrant, and install VirtualBox 6.1 + Vagrant 2.2.16 on my Linux Mint 19
    But got the same error on “vagrant up”.
  3. I install clean Linux Debian 10, and VirtualBox 6.0.24 with Extension Pack 6.0.10r.132072, and Vagrant 2.2.16
    But got the same error on “vagrant up”.

Why? What wrong?

Sorry for the very late response, but your post had no category, so it was overlooked.

There is an alternative: create a pull request and let GitHub do the work.

It’s so uncomfortable. I want to do test locally, before pull request. Also i want to debug tests by XDebug.

  1. Vagrant is already fixed
    @see: Vagrant error " mounting failed with the error: No such device" · Issue #194 · laminas/laminas-db · GitHub
    @see: curl get "mssql-server.list" is rotten · Issue #195 · laminas/laminas-db · GitHub
    @see: Vagrant appears to be broken · Issue #202 · laminas/laminas-db · GitHub
  2. I did Docker for run unit-tests.
    @see: Create docker image for run integration unit tests for "laminas-db" · Issue #209 · laminas/laminas-db · GitHub
    @see: GitHub - ZVanoZ/laminas-db-test-by-docker: Run unit or integration tests for "laminas-db" by docker
    But, some tests pass on my computer, and fail on github CI.
    @see: Origin issue#214 by ZVanoZ · Pull Request #220 · laminas/laminas-db · GitHub