The default valie of Quick start of mezzio

Hi.

I try quick start of mezzio.

https://docs.mezzio.dev/mezzio/v3/getting-started/quick-start/

When I install default, the choice is no template engine[n].

Which template engine do you want to use?
  [1] Plates (supported by laminas)
  [2] Twig (supported by laminas)
  [3] laminas-view installs laminas-servicemanager (supported by laminas)
  [n] None of the above  <<< here
  Make your selection or type a composer package name and version (n):

Tracing the tutorial and access localhost:8080, I met a rendering error.
When I choice laminas-view[3], localhost:8080 successfully show the demonstration page.
And when I chose [2], I had to install a twig-renderer and must create template directives additionally .

I thins this behavior will surprise beginners and It leads to giving up on the choice of mezzio.
So please consider changing the default value, if you can.

Please report bugs or suggestions on the related issue tracker. For the skeleton application it is:

Thanks in advance! :+1:t3:

Thank you for your suggention, again. :grinning:

I’ll post it to GitHub.

This is not a bug really. This is desired behavior. If you use mezzio for api’s you don’t need a template renderer. Since the template renderer is optional, we also don’t want to select or force one by default.

If you read the first section of the tutorial carefully we also mention this here: Quick Start - mezzio - Laminas Docs

A template renderer. You can ignore this when creating an API project, but if you will be creating any HTML pages, we recommend installing one. We prefer Plates.

This is different for the router and container because you always need one with mezzio.

The whoops error handler is debatable, because you don’t need it but it is very easy to debug during development. Besides that, it is switched off for production environments.

Thank you for your replay.

If you use mezzio for api’s you don’t need a template renderer. Since the template renderer is optional, we also don’t want to select or force one by default.

I understand here.

I post it to the forum as an opinion at first and there suggested posting it here, so I also understand this is not a real bug.

When someone wants to use Mezzio, he will start to use the skeleton program at first with the default option.

The skeleton program is a “cover page of the book” or “receptionist of company”. It determines the worth of the project for newcomers.

So it must be work no error with default, even it is not desired behavior technically, but it is just my opinion (I like laminas).

Thank you.