Unit Testing Laminas Skeleton Appliacation

Hi,

Does anyone test the skeleton application, I did and I get a Segmentation fault (core dumped) error, which is difficult for me to relove :thinking:

I did what the tutorial points:

composer require --dev laminas/laminas-test phpunit/phpunit
./vendor/bin/phpunit

and I get

**sergarbes@laminas** : **~/laminas-mvc-tutorial** $ ./vendor/bin/phpunit

PHPUnit 9.0.1 by Sebastian Bergmann and contributors.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thanks for your help in advance

Sergi

I cannot give you any tips.

But which version of PHP and which extensions are you using?

Hi @maba77,
I amb using PHP 7.3.11 with the extensions:

Hello, I can have a look at it. Can you point me to the mentioned tutorial page?

This is the tutorial for “Unit Testing a Laminas MVC application”: Unit Testing A laminas-mvc Application - tutorials - Laminas Docs

Hello @Sergi_Garcia_Besora

I cannot reproduce the error. Tested it on a clean skeleton installation. Have you made any changes to the code?

@Sergi_Garcia_Besora Segfault is a problem in the PHP runtime. We can’t fix it even if you provide us with core dump.

I don’t get it in docker for 7.3.11. May be your specific php/extensions build is broken, or it is one of the segfaults fixed in the newer releases https://www.php.net/ChangeLog-7.php#PHP_7_3 .

1 Like

Hello @arueckauer

No, I have not :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @xerkus,
I am using Zend Server Developer Edition 2019.0.3. Tomorrow I am going to Intall a native LAMP in a Ubuntu 18.04 and try it :thinking:

Hi @xerkus @arueckauer @maba77 and @froschdesign,

At last I have found time to install a LAMP from scratch and unit test The Laminas MVC application. The result: It has worked! :smiley:

Then It was a problem with Zend Server Developer Edition PHP Extensions. When I has time I am going to deactivate one by one to find which one is crashing unit testing Laminas. :face_with_monocle:

PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.3 (cli) (built: Feb 11 2020 15:55:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies
sergarbes@lamp:~/laminas-mvc-tutorial$ ./vendor/bin/phpunit
PHPUnit 8.5.3 by Sebastian Bergmann and contributors.

...                                                                 3 / 3 (100%)

Time: 87 ms, Memory: 10.00 MB
    indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
OK (3 tests, 7 assertions)

Thanks for your responses !